Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Gardens and Thanksgiving

So all the gardens have been put to bed for the winter. The only thing left to do is to dump the pots of potatoes, but I can not do it by myself. I wanted to do it this last weekend but I was having issues with my shoulder so that was off.

Thanksgiving
 Well I am just glad that I made it thru Thanksgiving. I served the 1st Thanksgiving at my house for my mother-in-law, sister-in-law and niece. It went as well as it could with my mother-in-law in my house. The outright lies that she was telling was just a little to much and the interruptions, I could have done with out.

2nd Thanksgiving was at my Mother's house and it was a mad house. Everyone one was assigned a dish to bring and I was the only one who actually made theirs at home and brought it to mom's house was me. Everyone else tried to make it at my mom's. Like I said a total Mad House and to top it all off my brother-in-law had a fit about something and my sister and he left without saying goodbye.

I am Thankful for my husband and my home, but I want to be thankful for so much more. It does not feel like Christmas is coming, after my brother-in-law said he did not want to exchange gifts from the adults because Christmas is for children. I don't exchange gifts because I want to get something I do it for the feeling I get, the look on that special person's face, I do it because I love to give.

No comments:

Post a Comment